RWTH Faculty ClubPeter Winandy
The guesthouse on Friday at lunchtime: The Faculty Club is the meeting point for professors of RWTH Aachen University. Upon invitation by the rector, faculty members meet for interesting lectures on research topics or science-policy, and for exchange and networking purposes.
Next Faculty Club meeting to be held on September 8, 2017 at the RWTH guesthouse. More information soon to be announced.
Meeting Point for Faculty Members
On several Fridays per year, the rector invites the professors of RWTH Aachen University, the junior professors, selected outstanding young scientists, and retired professors to meet at the Faculty Club.
Objectives of the Faculty Club
- A regular meeting point for professors; getting to know one another and networking
- Opportunity to meet the administration of the University; mutual exchange between University administration and faculty members
- Discussion about RWTH Aachen's research profile
- ThinkTank: input from and exchanges with external speakers
- Networking opportunities for ‘advanced talents’ among one another and with more experienced Professors
- Using the potential of young, creative talents for the research profile of the University
To take part in Faculty Club events, a first general registration is necessary, thereby expressing to the rector your willingness to attend Faculty Club meetings as regularly as possible. Registered members may then register for individual meetings, either via an online form or email.
A contribution of 15 Euros cash to expenses for snacks and beverages is kindly requested on site.
The Faculty Club is organized by the ERS Forum, the open-topic forum of the Exploratory Research Space.