The organization of the profile area is represented primarily by a Steering Committee , composed of up to eight persons from at least three faculties . Among the main tasks are
- actively monitoring the structural development of research projects
- and the development of subject-specific roadmaps .
Before specifying certain research areas the Steering Committee needs to perform the following tasks :
- choose a speaker and a deputy
- choose a consultant
- set rules for participation in the profile area based on scientific excellence and relevance to the main topic
Steering Committee member
is 2 years while
Committees will receive
resources to carry out
The main approach of the Steering Committee is to support RWTH institute collaborations by coordinating and generating new bottom-up driven innovations and large-scale integrative projects in the areas of
- cross-linked mobility
- passenger and freight transport
- and the development of the transportation related infrastructure.